The 2017 Thirteenth International Conference on Intelligent Computing (ICIC 2017) was held during August 7-10, 2017, in Liverpool, UK. The conference will be financially supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (Natural Science Foundation of China). The theme for this conference is Advanced Intelligent Computing Methodologies and Applications. Original contributions related to this theme are especially solicited, including theories, methodologies, and applications in science and technology. Topics covering industrial issues/applications and academic research into intelligent computing will be welcome.
ISLab contributed with 1 paper:
Wahyono and Kang-Hyun Jo, Human Carrying Baggage Classification Using Transfer Learning on Convolution Neural Network with Direction Attribute, ICIC 2017 D.-S. Huang et al. (Eds.): ICIC 2017, Part I, LNCS 10361, Liverpool,UK, Aug 7, 2017 pp.717-724.
ISLab successfully organized 10th International Conference on Human System Interaction (HSI 2017) at University of Ulsan (UOU). It was held under the banner of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES) Ulsan Chapter, co-sponsored by UOU and BK21+. Delegates from 15 different countries joined the conference. ISLab contributed with 7 papers:
1) Sowmya Kasturi et al., Classification of Human Fall in Top Viewed Kinect Depth Images using Binary Support Vector Machine
2) Hoang Van Thanh et al., An Improved Method for 3D Shape Estimation Using Active Shape Model
3) Dongwook Seo et al., Multi-Layer Superpixel-Based MeshStereo for Accurate Stereo Matching
4) Ajmal Shahbaz et al., Sterile Zone Monitoring with Human Verification
5) Alexander Filonenko et al., Comparative Study of Modern Convolutional Neural Networks for Smoke Detection on Image Data
6) Laksono Kurnianggoro et al., Object Classification for LIDAR Data using Encoded Features
7) Sanghee Lee et al., Strategy for Automatic Person Indexing and Retrieval System in News Interview Video Sequences
Heartiest congratulations to Professor Kang-Hyun Jo and team!
The 15th International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN`2017) is an international conference for researchers and academics share ideas and experiences surrounding frontier technologies, breakthroughs, innovative solutions, research results, as well as innovation initiatives related to industrial informatics and their applications. In this year, this conference was held in Emden, Germany, between the 24th and the 26th July 2017.
ISLAB contribute 2 papers:
1. Sanghee Lee, and Kanghyun Jo, Automatic Person Information Extraction Using Overlay Text in Television News Interview Videos, INDIN 2017, Emden, Germany, July 25, 2017.
2. Van-Thanh Hoang, Van-Dung Hoang, and Kang-Hyun Jo, An Improved Method for 3D Shape Estimation Using Cascade of Neural Networks, INDIN 2017, Emden, Germany, July 26, 2017.
Our undergraduate school student Participated in KSIC 2017.(The Korean Society of Industry Convergence)
A total of 6 teams participated.
1) Su-Jin Seol et. al, Audio and Video Stimulated Mood Light
2) Jae-Hee Lee et. al, IoT based Secured Window Control
3) Young Joo Kim et. al, Efficient Energy and Eco-Friendly Humidity Controller
4) Dong-Hoon Lee et. al, Robot cleaner
5) Dea-Youb Kim et. al, Design and Implementation of Missing Child Prevention System
Using GPS Module and Bluetooth Communication Device
6) Yun-Jeong Choi et. al, Emotional Mood light based on the Weather
ISIE 2017 was held in Edinburgh, United Kingdom from 19-21 June. ISLab had one contribution:
Ajmal et al., Optimal Color Space based Probabilistic Foreground Detector for Video Surveillance System
ISLab Participated in ICROS 2017 with 3 contributions.
Kyu-Jin Park"s paper was awarded best paper award by Institue of Control, Robotics and Systems.
1) Kyu-Jin Park et. al, Method of Improving Clearness through Contrast of Background and Object using Histogram Deformation
2) Beom-Seok Kim et. al, Detection of Thrower and Garbage Using the Analysis of Pedestrian Trajectory and Baggage4
3) Gi-Seok Sohn et. al, Determination of the Status and Kind of Fruits according to Color Distribution
ACIIDS is an international conference for researches in the filed of intelligent information and database systems. In this year, this conference was held during 3-5 April 2017 in Kaga, Japan.
ISLAB contribute 2 papers:
1. Ajmal Shahbaz, Laksono Kurnianggoro, Wahyono, Kang-Hyun Jo, Recent Advances in the Field of Foreground Detection: An Overview, ACIIDS 2017, Kanazawa, Japan, Apr 3, 2017.
2. Laksono Kurnianggoro, Wahyono, and Kang-Hyun Jo, Improving Traffic Sign Recognition Using Low Dimensional Features, ACIIDS 2017, Kanazawa, Japan, Apr 3, 2017.
IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics (ICM 2017) was organized in Gippsland, Australia between February 13-16, 2017. ISLAB contributed 1 paper to the ICM 2017 :
- Wahyono, Laksono Kurnianggoro, Alexander Filonenko, and Kang-Hyun Jo, A Fuzzy Model-based Integration Framework for Vision-based Intelligent Surveillance Systems, ICM 2017, Australia, Feb 13, 2017.
Furthermore, Wahyono also received the Best Student Paper Award from IEEE Industrial Electronics Society Student Paper and Travel Award.
The 23th International Workshop on Frontiers of Computer Vision (FCV2017) was organized in Seoul, Korea between February 1-3, 2017. ISLAB contributed 1 paper to the FCV 2017 :
- Wahyono and Kang-Hyun Jo, Person Re-Identification Using Bag of Visual Feature on Random Windows, FCV 2017, Seoul, Korea, Feb 1, 2017.
SII2016 was held in Sapporo, Japan from Dec. 13 ~ 15. We had two papers by Wen Lihua and Tang Qing.
- Wen Lihua, Kang-Hyun Jo, Vehicle Localization and Navigation on Region with Disappeared Lane Line Marking, SII 2016, Sapporo, Japan, Dec 13, 2016 pp.5.
- Tang Qing, Laksono Kurnianggoro, and Kang-Hyun Jo, Statistical and Geometrical Features for LiDAR-based Vehicle Detection, SII 2016, Sapporo, Japan, Dec 13, 2016.